Position: Drive Systems Account Manager
Area: DOGA USA – Huntley, IL
Department: Commercial / Sales
Reports to: Managing Director – DOGA USA (Functionally to Global Sales Manager DS in Spain)
Mission: Identify and pursue opportunities for market growth while providing customer service to existing customers.
Sales/Customer Interface Functions:
- Continuously explore the Drive System market for new customer opportunities – pursue new business!
- Maintain and increase the current distributor network in the USA and Canada.
- Search, evaluate and propose marketing tools in the USA (i.e. Global Spec, advertising, etc.)
- Establish relationships with business clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities.
- Serve as primary business contact and provide excellent customer service to new and existing customers.
- Reach sales targets.
Engineering & Client Quality
- Gather technical specifications for product design & development per customer requirements.
- Order required samples (existing and/or prototype components).
- Assist in the installation of Drive Systems at client location.
- Incorporate and maintain all programs in CRM / GID system as necessary.
- Act as first point of contact for Drive System clients in quality issues
- Document client complaint information and communicate it to DOGA Spain Quality Department.
- Maintain a solid understanding of company policies, capabilities, and products and effectively communicate all offerings to customers.
- When interacting with clients, ensure that all internal and external processes and procedures are completed, quality standards are met and that sales transactions are profitable.
- Ensure that customer issues are dealt with in an efficient manner, reporting to the Global Sales Manager of Drive Systems, any problems that may arise as well as updates on account activities.
- Prepare the contracts/quotations for new business and contract renewals for established business.
- Responsible for assisting the Accounting area as required in payment collections.
- Communicate the customer’s goals and represent the customer’s interest to internal team members.
- Propose, prepare and execute business plans according to preset objectives.
- Responsible for elaborating sales forecasts and annual sales budget.
- Plan and propose adequate stock quantities for the market.
- Average 40% travel to customer and other DOGA locations, trade/industry shows and conferences.
- Professionally perform any other tasks required by DOGA.
- Participate as a team member (in the U.S. and with Spain) working closely with others in a positive environment.
- Be polite and courteous to clients and co-workers at all times.
Work experience requirements: 5+ years of work experience in technical agricultural sales and account management preferred. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook). Excellent written and oral communication skills. Skilled negotiator, strong quantitative abilities, detail-oriented. Capable of understanding Drive System functions and diverse applications. Motivated, goal-oriented and high level of initiative - carries out responsibilities with minimal direction.
Education requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.